The market for artificial lighting for indoor gardens has expanded over the last several years. Manufacturers have made improvements to indoor light sources. Indoor growers are pickier about how much indoor lighting mimics natural sunlight. LED (light-emitting diode) lighting is a newer technology that has taken indoor gardening by surprise. The major benefits of LED lighting include reduced heat and reduced power consumption.
The Best Sellers LED Grow Light
- HIGH PERFORMANCE full spectrum LED grow light provides natural sunlight benefits for all growth stages with 12 additional red LEDs to encourage photosynthesis and flowering
- EASY INSTALLATION is plug and play, linkable up to 4 units, and includes hanging cables and flush mount option for shelving units, cabinets, tents, garages, basements
- DURABLE DESIGN is FCC certified with 1-year warranty, damp rated housing prevents dust buildup, and 30,000 hour lifespan
- 6000K White Light - equipped with 10 Red + 74 White LEDs, this growing Lamp is similar to the full-spectrum sunlight at noon,that is professionally designed for indoor garden plants.Moreover, its color rendering index is as high as 95, the light is soft and flicker-free, which is very suitable for reading lamp
- Timer Function & Multiple Settings - this growing light offer the timer function with 3 options that is 4Hrs or 8Hrs or 12Hrs, it is based on a 24 hour cycle from the time you set the timer.For example,when keeping power ON, if you select 8 Hrs,it will turns ON for 8 hours per 24 hours.The other two timer settings are the same.
- Easy to Install - with flexible Gooseneck & strong clamp,it allows you to place the growth light in any direction to provide the best lighting angle for your plants，meet the cover around the plant.Powered by USB or AC Power Plug
- 3 Colors Spectrum Changeable --- They are 6000K White light, Red&Blue light and 4000K White light. The three different spectra are selected according to the specific needs of plant growth to improve plant photosynthesis, The best gift for gardeners and growing enthusiasts.
- Upgraded Timer 4/8/12/18Hrs --- This small sun lamp will auto keep 4/8/12/18Hrs ON and 20/16/12/6Hrs OFF each 24 hrs period once timer activated. Make sure plants absorb enough light to do photosynthesis and enough time to rest.
- 4-Level Dimmable --- The plant light has 4 levels dimming(25%-50%-75%-100%), you can adjust the brightness according to your needs. No need to worry about your plants getting burned anymore.
- 🌻Full Spectrum 6000K+660NM Grow Light Strips: 2 light strips in 2 packs with two flat adapters(5V/3A). Our grow lights emit all wavelengths from 380nm to 800nm, just like natural sunlight, more effective in promoting indoor growth. suitable for indoor plants all growth stages.
- 🌻6/12/16Hrs Timer: This LED grow light strip has a cycle memory timer function. It has 3 timing model, 6H, 12H and 16H, you can choose according to your plant needs. After you set up the hours, pls don't turn off the light or cut off the power supply. It will auto turn on everyday to take care of you palnts.
- 🌻5 Adjustable Brightness Levels: From 10%-100%, can meet each plant’s lighting requirements at different stages. Comes with 240 LEDs, compared with other light strips, our plant lights are brighter and Large irradiation area.
- Top Rated LED Grow Light from Freelicht Lighting
- Sunlike Spectrum: Simulate natural light, best for all plants seeding, growth and bloom. Add red spectrum to promote photosynthesis.
- Pay Less Bills: Consuming only 60W but equal 350W HPS grow light. Energy saving up to 70%.
- Wider Cover Area Plant Light: Our 2 pack 11.8'' * 3.9'' plant lamps are made of pure aluminum alloy with excellent heat dissipation, it can cover a wider illumination area and more plants, magnificently improve the light coverage and your planting efficiency. Your plants great partner!
- Full Spectrum Bright Grow Lamp: These new full spectrum grow lights feature with 270 LEDs which emit all wavelengths from 380nm to 780nm, similar to natural sunlight, with higher PAR output, and provide uniform light for your plants. They are suitable for all plants at all growing stages, such as herbs, succulents, orchids, etc. Help your plants grow vigorously year-round.
- 24-hour Timing Cycle Function: These LED grow light strips have a circular memory timer function and can be set to 4, 8, 12 hours as plants’ needs. When it is supplied with uninterrupted power, it can automatically turn on/off and no more manually operation everyday. Even if you go on vacation or work, the light panel will take good care of your plants, very easy & convenient!
- FULL SPECTRUM & NATURAL LIGHT: A19 full spectrum grow light appears 4000K white to eyes but has a red/blue light spectrum. Same as natural sun shine, perfect for tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, leafy greens and herbs at all growth stages.
- HIGH BRIGHTNESS & ENERGY SAVING: A19 LED plant grow light bulbs deliver 180-degree 1000LM bright light output. Use High Lumen LED Chips equivalent to 100w traditional light bulb while consumes only 11 watts, saving 90% of your electricity bill.
- HIGHER EFFICIENCY: LED grow bulb with high light transmission improves plant absorption more effectively. Balanced lighting of full spectrum wavelength can give your plants more light with a high output PPF of 25 micromoles per second.
- Unique Artistic Design: The set of 2 plant lights are carefully designed like a halo for your plants to help them grow better and faster. They are not only plant lights, but also a stylish decoration for any home space, The warm natural light makes them very comfortable to see and to place in your home, they perfectly fit in with your home decor.
- Full Spectrum Grow Light: It emits all the wavelengths from 380nm to 800nm- just like natural sunlight. With the warm white high efficiency LED diodes & higher PAR output, the grow light greatly promotes indoor growth as it accelerates photosynthesis, ideal for all stages of growth and various of plants such as herbs, succulent, orchids, tomatoes, etc. SAVE YOUR DARK INDOOR PLANTS with IT ! (50,000 hours lifetime.)
- Auto on/off Timer Everyday: This growing light has 3 cycle timing settings (4/8/12H) which will stay on for 4/8/12 hours, then off for 20/16/12 hours and will automatically turn on and off at the same time the next day, no need to unplug/re-plug. It will take good care of your plants while you are at work or on vacation, easy & convenient!
- Full Spectrum Grow Lights: 192 pcs yellow bulbs provide a like sunlight to fuel indoor plant growth, it is great chioce for indoor garden or small greenhouse.
- 10 Adjustable Brightness Levels: 10%-100% to meet each plant's lighting requirements at different stages. 4x48 LED chips, just put out enough luminosity for all stage of plant growth without worrying about burning your plant.
- Timer Function: The growing lamp is designed 3 time settings - 3/9/12 hrs, when kept plugging in, it will Auto ON/OFF and no more manually operation everyday. The light intensity is also adjustable with a controller.
- HIGH QUALITY LED GROW LIGHT: KingLED grow light has adopted the newest LEDs and to provide high PAR output, high energy efficiency with 2.8 umol/J while improving light penetration. Perfect for 2x2ft vegetative coverage and 2x2ft flowering coverage
- FULL SPECTRUM LED GROW LIGHT: The proportion of the spectrum has been adjusted in order to provide more matching spectrum for MJ, provides full spectrum lighting of natural light for plants, veg and bloom modes are designed to provide proper light for plants in different growth stages from seedling to flowering to greatly increase your harvest.
- COST-EFFECTIVE LED GROW LIGHT: Different from the traditional HPS, Our KP1000 LED light adopts a high-tech SMD LEDs and reflector technology , compares to traditional 400W HPS/MH while consuming only 110W! It provides brighter light and save more electricity which also can save a lot of money for you
Top 10 LED Grow Light Reviews
There are many LED grow light products available. Selecting the right product can be overwhelming. We want to take some uncertainty out of your decision process by providing reviews on several products that are our top picks.
1. Relassy 45W LED Sunlike Full Spectrum Grow Lamp
The Relassy Sunlike Full Spectrum LED Grow Light is a dual head gooseneck lamp. It simulates natural sunlight and works great for all kinds of indoor plants regardless of growth stage. This lamp has 88 high-quality LED chips rated for up to 50,000 lifetime hours.
This product has an 18-inch long gooseneck and a light that has a 120-degree beam angle. The flexible gooseneck and rotatable bulbs together offer a full 360-degree illuminated lighting area. There are 3 different lighting modes you can select with a dual switch design.
The actual wattage of this grow lamp is 20W with a 5% margin. It produces light output similar to a 45W HPS (high-pressure sodium) bulb. THe overall height of this lamp is 28.7-inches. Relassy provides a 30-day satisfaction guarantee for this product.
2. MIYA 30W LED Full Spectrum Grow Light Bulb
This is a full-spectrum LED grow light that has 40 high-efficiency LED chips. There are 22 red chips, 12 blue chips, 2 white chips, 2 IR (infrared) chips, and 2 UV (ultraviolet) chips. These color combinations give the full spectrum of light needed for healthy plant growth. The lighting distance of this grows light is about 13-inches.
This MIYA grow light is a 30W energy-efficient bulb with actual energy consumption of 5-7W. The LED bulb has a lifespan of 50,000 hours. MIYA provides a 1-year warranty for this product if you have any issues with the bulb.
- 30W light output
- 40 LED lights
- 13-inch light distance
- 50,000 lifetime hours
3. Roleadro Galaxyhydro Series 1000W LED Full Spectrum Grow Light
The Roleadro Galaxyhydro Series grow light is a full spectrum light that adds more red light to increase plant growth and yield by 30% to 50%. The 1000W LED light has 2 built-in high-speed cooling fans with a unique temperature controller. This design efficiently dissipates heat from the inside the lamp to the outside.
This grow light has 100 LED chips that are 10W each. The LED chips have an expected lifespan of 50,000 hours. This grow light is one of the largest we have reviewed with dimensions of 12.1-inches wide by 8.2 inches tall. The depth of this light is 2.4-inches.
If you install this light 2-feet above your plants, you will get a coverage area of 3-feet squared. WIth a 30-month warranty, this light will give your plants the full spectrum of lighting needed for healthy growth through all stages of the plant growing life cycle.
4. Shengsite 50W LED Full Spectrum Grow Light
The Shengsite 50W grow light is a large circular-shaped bulb. It has 186 red LEDs and 64 blue LEDs that give the proper light needed for healthy plant growth. This grow lamp will cover an area of 6 to 18 square feet and it should hang about 8-inches to 58-inches above your plants. The distance from the plants will vary depending on their current growth stage.
This LED full spectrum grow light has low power consumption with high lighting effect. The grow light’s lifespan is 50,000 hours. Shengsite offers a 12-month warranty and a 30-day 100% satisfaction or return guarantee.
If you have a large indoor plant area that needs light grow coverage, consider this UFO-shaped grow light. It will give you the right intensity of light to help your plants grow.
5. Lovebay LED Dual Head Timing Grow Light
If you need a grow lamp that has a lighting timer, then consider the Lovebay LED Dual Head Grow Light. This product has a timer you can set to turn off the lighting after 3, 6 or 12-hours. The timer function can also adjust the brightness of the light and the distance that the lamp is from the plant.
Although the lamp has to be turned on manually every day, the timer allows you to go about your day without worrying about your plants getting too much light. The LED light has 24 red and 12 blue LED beads and 5 dimming levels.
The dual head gooseneck design gives you a full 360-degree coverage of your entire plant area. This light has a clamp giving you flexibility to place the lamp anywhere you locate your plants. It has a USB connector so you can provide power the lamp via a wall outlet or other USB interface.
6. YOUTHINK 15W LED Full Spectrum Triple Head Grow Light
This YOUTHINK grow light has 3 15W grow lamps with 9 red LEDs and 6 blue LEDs. The lamps work independently with 3 separate switches to control each bulb. This gives you flexibility to turn on a single bulb, 2 bulbs or all 3 bulbs depending on your plant lighting needs.
Each grow light has a 360-degree adjustable arm which allows you to point the light in any direction to get full lighting coverage. It has a strong base clamp that can attach to any surface depending on your indoor garden layout.
These LED bulbs will last up to 30,000 hours. YOUTHINK offers a lifetime warranty on this product making it a risk-free choice for your indoor garden lighting needs.
7. Amconsure 30W LED Full Spectrum Grow Light
This Amconsure product has an automatic timing function that will allow you to set up your lighting in 3, 6 and 12-hour increments. You can adjust the brightness of the LED lighting and the distance between the light and the plants. This gives you the ultimate flexibility to make sure your plants are getting the growth lighting they need.
This full spectrum grow light has 39 red LEDs and 21 blue LEDs. There are 5 dimming light modes and 3 spectrum modes that gives you control over how much light your plants get based on their current growth stage.
The USB connector makes it easy for you to connect your grow light to a wall outlet or a USB interface. This Amconsure grow light has a 3-head light with a 360-degree gooseneck arm. You have a 6-month period to exchange or get a refund for this product.
8. SANSI 15W LED Full Spectrum Grow Light
This full spectrum LED light simulates sunlight and provides your plants the perfect light for rapid growth. It will cover up to 2.8 square feet and should be placed 12 to 20-inches above all your plants. Lighting time should be between 10 to 12-hours for maximum performance.
The SANSI full spectrum grow light mixes all wavelengths of light into a single LED chip. This bulb has a lifetime of 30,000 hours. SANSI offers a 5-year unlimited warranty and a 30-days no questions asked return policy on this product.
9. AeroGarden 45W LED Grow Light Panel
Give your plants the best lighting possible to maximize their growth. You can do this with the AeroGarden LED grow light panel. You can use the hanging kit to hang the panel above your plants. It includes a stand if you prefer to tilt the panel above your plants on its stand. The stand allows the panel to rotate a full 360-degrees!
You can raise the stand as your plants grow taller. It has a height range from 10.43-inches to 16.3-inches. This provides the maximum flexibility to light your plants through all growth cycles. The light panel uses 45W LEDs which will last up to 30,000 hours. It uses red LEDs, blue LEDs and white LEDs to give maximum lighting effectiveness for your plants.
10. iPower 1000W HPS Grow Light Bulb
This iPower grow light is an HPS (high-pressure sodium) bulb with an output of 140,000 lumens. Designed for plant growth, it has high PAR (photosynthetic active radiation) and optimized red and orange spectrums to encourage flower growth.
This bulb will keep 90% of the initial lumen output after 5000 hours of use. The full life of this bulb is 24,000 hours. Because of the nature of HPS bulbs, you need to wait about 3-5 minutes before the bulb will reach its brightest intensity. iPower provides a 1-year warranty for this grow light.
LED Grow Light Features
There are many differences between the top 10 LED grow light products we reviewed. It is still difficult to know which product is right for your indoor garden. You may be looking for the best product for the money you can buy. You may also want a grow light that covers a wide area. Here are guidelines to consider as you make your product choice.
The wattage capability of an LED is not the same as the actual light output. For example, a 3W LED will typically only run at 1-2W so that the life of the LED can be extended.
If a product has 100 3W LEDs, it is often marketed as a 300W LED grow light. It is important to know that the marketed wattage is typically more than the actual power of light emitted.
Many LED grow lights are marketed as full spectrum lights. This means that the LED chips offer a wide spectrum of colors for your plants. Plants need different light depending on the current growth stage. Plants need more blue light during the vegetation phase and more red light during the flowering phase.
A good LED grow light will contain both red and blue LEDs along with small amounts of UV lighting to give a broad spectrum of light for your plants.
The amount of light you need to have will vary based on what you are growing. Low light is great for lettuce, herbs and leafy produce. You need to have high light for vegetables. Although coverage area is important, it is better to have the right light wattage for the specific plants you are growing. Low light plants need about 25W per plant and high light plants need about 50W of light per plant.
There are many things to consider when selecting an LED grow light. You need to make sure that the LED grow lamp can emit enough light to stimulate growth of the specific plants you are growing. With the product reviews and guidelines above, you should be able to select a proper grow light to fit your growing needs.